180 Capsules | 30 day supply
Encourages weight-loss in conjunction with healthy diet and exercise.
MetaboAmp™ was developed to help people lose weight by increasing metabolism, increasing fat burning, decreasing fat storage and decreasing appetite and stress.
Lose Weight Now!
By researching botanicals used in different cultures, like Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic Medicine, Herbal Adjunct was able to develop a weight loss formula that combines multiple high-efficacy ingredients in one supplement: MetaboAmp™.
The ingredients in MetaboAmp™ all help with weight loss by increasing metabolism, decreasing fat storage, and decreasing hunger and stress.
- Increases fat burning.
- Increases metabolism.
- Increases energy and general mood.
- Decreases new fat storage.
- Decreases dieting related stress/fatigue.
- Decreases carbohydrate digestion rate.
- Decreases blood glucose spikes.
MetaboAmp™ combines seven full-strength botanical extracts into a complex herbal supplement designed to encourage weight loss. Utilizing botanical extracts used in non-Western cultural medicine, Herbal Adjunct was able to develop this formulation to help people lose weight.
All of these extracts have different actions and accomplish different goals, but put together, they are an extremely powerful supplement.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean extract comes from unroasted coffee beans, because roasting the beans destroys the active ingredient we want: chlorogenic acid. Chlorogenic acid has some interesting qualities, although some are not well researched.
That being said, after a literature review and weighing the costs against possible side effects, it was determined that green coffee bean extract would be a beneficial additive. We chose to use decaffeinated green coffee bean extract because we wanted to control the overall caffeine levels in MetaboAmp™.
The primary properties that we are interested in are decreased carbohydrate breakdown and absorption after eating and decreased cortisol (stress hormone causing visceral fat accumulation) levels.
Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is well known for its effects on weight loss and its antioxidant effect. Not only does green tea extract increase metabolism and fat burning, it has been shown to be even more effective when used in conjunction with exercise. However, even without exercise, it has been shown effective in multiple studies.
Caffeine is one of the better known weight loss supplements. Not only does it increase your energy levels because of its stimulant effect, it also directly effects metabolism by increasing the rate your body burns fat. In fact, most of the lift in your metabolism is directly related to the fat burning effect.
Caffeine also increases adrenalin levels, which increases fat burning as well. Overall, caffeine is a pretty potent fat burning addition.
However, due to possible increases in heart rate and blood pressure, we have kept the total caffeine dose on the lower end of acceptable, partly to account for those of us who can’t tolerate caffeine and partially because we anticipate that some customers will continue to ingest caffeine through coffee or tea despite taking MetaboAmp™.
Sphaeranthus Indicus Flower Extract
Sphaeranthus indicus flower extract was one of the few ingredients that we chose with limited human studies available in the US. Sphaeranthus indicus is an Indian herb that has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries.
The herb has been shown to have effects on many different levels, but our focus will be on the effects on blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides (fat in the blood). Sphaeranthus indicus significantly reduced the blood glucose level, plasma total cholesterol, triglycerides and low density lipoprotein (LDL – “bad” cholesterol) and significantly increased the level of high density lipoprotein (HDL – “good” cholesterol).
Although this has implications well beyond that of weight loss, it is important to us because it can limit fat accumulation.
Garcinia Mangostana Rind Extract
The rind of Garcinia mangostana has been used traditionally to treat a variety of aliments. One vital mechanism is its ability to block the critical metabolic enzyme alpha-amylase that breaks down starches into sugar.
Alpha-amylase blockers limit the spike in blood glucose levels that would normally follow a carbohydrate-rich meal. Mangosteen extracts also inhibit enzymes involved in synthesizing fat molecules.
Additionally, Garcinia mangostana has been shown to be a decrease blood glucose levels by possibly increasing the number of insulin producing β-cells.
It is this combination of blocking sugar uptake and blocking fat production that accounts in part for its weight loss properties. There is a study that evaluates the efficacy of Garcinia mangostana in humans, which can be found here.
Rhodiola Rosea Extract
One of the issues with almost all diet regimes is stress and fatigue. Rhodiola rosea has been shown to improve the symptoms of stress and increase the feelings of well-being while decreasing fatigue.
Additionally, it increases the levels of serotonin in the brain, a neurotransmitter that helps reduce stress-induced binge eating.
As an added bonus for weight loss, one of the chemicals in Rhodiola Rosea also decreases insulin resistance and blood glucose levels as well as decreasing the amount of food eaten.
Although L-theanine has some benefits on its own, the main reason it was added to the formula is its interaction with caffeine. L-theanine, a non-essential amino acid, when used in conjunction with caffeine, helps mitigate the negative affects of caffeine such as restlessness, irritability and “jitters”.
This allows caffeine intake without the all of the issues normally associated with it.
However, if your doctor has told you to stop or limit your caffeine intake, L-theanine is not a solution.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- The effect of chlorogenic acid enriched coffee on glucose absorption in healthy volunteers and its effect on body mass when used long-term in overweight and obese people.
- Consumption of green coffee reduces blood pressure and body composition by influencing 11β-HSD1 enzyme activity in healthy individuals: a pilot crossover study using green and black coffee.
- Coffee acutely modifies gastrointestinal hormone secretion and glucose tolerance in humans: glycemic effects of chlorogenic acid and caffeine.
- Effects of catechin-enriched green tea beverage on visceral fat loss in adults with a high proportion of visceral fat: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial.
- Effects of catechin enriched green tea on body composition.
- The effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance: a meta-analysis.
- Normal caffeine consumption: influence on thermogenesis and daily energy expenditure in lean and post-obese human volunteers.
- Effects of caffeine on energy metabolism, heart rate, and methylxanthine metabolism in lean and obese women.
- Metabolic effects of caffeine in humans: lipid oxidation or futile cycling? Comparison of changes in energy expenditure and body temperatures after caffeine consumption.
- Review on Sphaeranthus indicus Linn.
- Antihyperlipidemic activity of Sphaeranthus indicus on atherogenic diet induced hyperlipidemia in rats.
- Efficacy and tolerability of a novel herbal formulation for weight management.
- Assay-guided fractionation study of alpha-amylase inhibitors from Garcinia mangostana pericarp.
- Fatty acid synthase inhibitors of phenolic constituents isolated from Garcinia mangostana.
- Hypoglycaemic activity of ethanolic extract of Garcinia mangostana Linn. in normoglycaemic and streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.
- The Effects of Rhodiola rosea L. Extract on Anxiety, Stress, Cognition and Other Mood Symptoms.
- Effect of salidroside, active principle of Rhodiola rosea extract, on binge eating.
- Salidroside improves glucose homeostasis in obese mice by repressing inflammation in white adipose tissues and improving leptin sensitivity in hypothalamus.
- Caffeine and theanine exert opposite effects on attention under emotional arousal.
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the effects of caffeine and L-theanine both alone and in combination on cerebral blood flow, cognition and mood.
- Inhibiting effects of theanine on caffeine stimulation evaluated by EEG in the rat.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.